More Sophisticated Word ID Strategies
- Ability of child to read Multisyllable Words, or
- Ability of child to see chunks in words, such as "ent" and to see affixes, such as "pre" and "tion"
How do I know if learning more sophisticated Word ID strategies is my student's most pressing need?
- Child can decode phonemically 3- and 4-sound words and is having early success learning advanced phonics knowledge
Which TRI strategies most efficiently target a student's need to learn more sophisticated Word ID Strategies?
- Segmenting Multisyllable Words: Introducing Multisyllable Words
- Read, Write, & Say with Multisyllable Words
- Spelling Multisyllable Words
- Guided Oral Reading with Purple-friendly text
Click to the Purple Level Strategies for more information, including videos, about how to ensure your student efficiently begins decoding multisyllable words.